Laundry doesn't have to be a chore with these easy DIY ideas and house cleaning tips. YOur laundry routine can be a breeze with the right natural cleaners and DIY ideas which can save you money, time and effort. And the best part is that your laundry will look better than ever, and know one will know just how easy it was. For the full list of speedy laundry hacks and DIY ideas, you will want to take a look at the Tesco Living site. The following are just some of the DIY ideas and house cleaning tips you will find on the list.
1. A DIY idea to help keep your towels fresh. To keep your bath towels fluffy and absorbent, leave out the fabric softener and try throwing in a cupful of white vinegar into the washing machine instead. The white vinegar will also help to get rid of any musty smells in the wash.
2. The best house cleaning tip for your laundry is to keep color coded baskets. Use three laundry baskets and color code them according to the wash. Have one for whites, colors and darks. Then when it's time to wash, you can simply empty whichever basket of laundry you need to do into the washing machine.
3. A DIY idea for fabric freshener. Next time you need to freshen your clothes, make your own fabric freshener with this easy diy idea. Freshen your laundry in no time with this DIY idea for homemade fabric freshener. Mix one part of baking soda, one part fabric softener and two parts of warm water into a spray bottle, shake, then spritz your clothes, and you’re ready to go.
4. Use a quick wash cycle on your washing machine. If your clothes are stain free, but they just need a bit of refreshing switch to a quick wash setting instead.
5. A house cleaning tip on how to clean your washing machine. Add half a cup of bicarbonate of soda into the laundry detergent compartment and either half a cup of white vinegar, and it will help get rid of musty smells and get your washing machine clean.
6. Speed up the tumble drying. Add a couple of clean tennis balls into your dryer, or a dry towel or scrunched up balls of aluminum foil into the dryer drum with your clothes to stop them from clinging together. This house cleaning tip will help to speed up the drying time and help save you money too.
7. Use the spin setting on your washing machine. If drying your laundry is an issue or you don't have much time, get your clothes as dry as you can, by putting the clothes on for an extra spin in the washing machine. This DIY idea will only take around ten minutes but will mean a shorter drying time later.
8. Quick iron your clothes. Iron both sides of your clothing at the same time by placing a sheet of aluminum foil, with the shiny side up, underneath the ironing board cover. The heat from the iron will bounce back up and take the creases out of the other side of clothing. White vinegar is a laundry powerhouse when it comes to softening water, pretreating stains, and boosting your regular laundry detergents. When cleaning clothing, distilled white vinegar is the best choice. However, apple cider vinegar works just as well if that's all you have on hand. You will find these DIY ideas and laundry tips on the Tesco Living site. On the site, you will find DIY ideas, house cleaning tips, natural cleaners, home and garden, saving money and more. **
Learn MORE at Tesco Living